How to Respond to Ferguson | #Ferguson #racism #politics

On the eve of the Grand Jury decision in Ferguson regarding and indictment of Darren Wilson, what is needed more than anything are cool heads. This is how to respond to Ferguson and a little strategy for talking to your friends about this.

This story is without a doubt a sad one. A young black man named Michael Brown was killed. Any time human life is taken it is a tragedy. It doesn’t matter to me whether he was black, or white, or whatever. It was a human life, made in the image of God. That makes him more valuable than any identification of race. This man had his life stolen (regardless of whether it was his fault, or if he was a victim). He was taken away from his home, his family, and his friends too early.

As rumors spread and leaks are leaked, testimonies of some appear to be supported while others are being disproved. While we have every right to an opinion, and you should form your own. But collectively, we as a society are walking down the correct path. A jury of our peers is reviewing the evidence as a grand jury. Both sides are represented by competent attorney’s and we have to trust they come to the right decision. Imperfect as it may be, is it the best way to deal with this incident.

What has been very unhelpful is the race baiting, rioting, and political promotion of this; mostly by the left. This is not how to respond to Ferguson. Rioters are damaging businesses, infrastructure, and threatening more harm. They are organizing across the nation and groups like the KKK have even entered the fray. The worst possible outcome of this tragedy is continued riots and more lives lost.

This should be a time of reconciliation and healing, not flaring of emotions and ripping national wounds open even further. This is a moment when our ability to love our brothers and our neighbors is tested. Will we pass this test? There will undoubtedly be grieving and that needs to happen, but as this phase passes we need to remember that we are all neighbors.

While this is a terrible event, I am letting the grand jury decide the course of justice. While Holder, Obama, Sharpton and other leftist radicals are not letting this tragedy go to waste to push their racist agendas, we should not let this rare opportunity pass either. Rather than being emotionally wrapped up in this and getting baited into a fight, we should use this moment in time to reach new people as conservatives and as Christians.

I believe the millennials and large elements of the left are disenfranchised by these race-bating politics. They may be open to listening to us today in the face of this ugly racism. Speak to them honestly, openly, and unabashedly. You may just win some hearts and minds. How to respond to Ferguson is really about how you respond as a caring person.

As Christians, we are called to reach others and comfort those in need. Act compassionately first and offer the hope only Christ can provide. Remember to keep the most important things first and the keep the second things second. To be clear, politics is second. Consider our role as described in 1 John 4:7-12. We are not to be silent and standby. This is the model of how to respond to Ferguson.

7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 11 Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. 1 John 4:7-12 (NIV)

29 comments for “How to Respond to Ferguson | #Ferguson #racism #politics

1. May 4, 2016 at 11:22 am

These topics are so cosnifung but this helped me get the job done.

2. July 6, 2016 at 5:12 pm

Wonderful beat ! I would like to apprentice while
    you amend your web site, how can i subscribe for
    a blog site? The account aided me a acceptable
    deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your
    broadcast provided bright clear concept

3. July 14, 2016 at 2:00 am

The Telepathic Channel Orange County is between the feeling from the
    dead individual and the living individual they are communicating with.

4. July 14, 2016 at 8:34 pm

Hi there! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any problems with hackers?

My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing months of hard work due to no
    backup. Do you have any methods to stop hackers?

5. July 16, 2016 at 1:10 am

A cost free phone number for a Spiritual Astrological
    Reviewing through Phone is 1-877-372-2865.

6. July 17, 2016 at 1:39 am

These absolutely totally free clairvoyant readings can be among the most effective techniques to locate an excellent clairvoyant
    that you click along with personally – without financial danger.

7. July 22, 2016 at 7:32 am

all the time i used to read smaller articles which
    as well clear their motive, and that is also happening with this paragraph which I am reading now.

8. July 23, 2016 at 12:26 am

The objective is actually to trigger the personal computer created arbitrary amount algorithm to guide additional to
    one side or the other.

9. July 27, 2016 at 8:44 am

Speak to psychics over the phone as well as receive your free love clairvoyant
    reading by contacting their phone number toll cost-free.

10. July 31, 2016 at 2:47 pm

Began sept the 15,so far I haven’t lost any weight.

11. August 1, 2016 at 11:37 am

Link exchange is nothing else but it is only placing the other person’s
    weblog link on your page at suitable place and other person will also do same in support of you.

12. August 3, 2016 at 11:40 am

This is of benefit to you when attempting to shed weight as low
    Serotonin levels have been linked to emotional eating.

13. August 3, 2016 at 2:28 pm

I love what you guys are up too. This kind of clever work and exposure!
    Keep up the excellent works guys I’ve incorporated
    you guys to my blogroll.

14. August 3, 2016 at 3:45 pm

This is really interesting, You are a very skilled blogger.
    I have joined your feed and look forward
    to seeking more of your wonderful post. Also, I have shared your website in my social networks!

15. August 3, 2016 at 4:15 pm

No evidence supports the claim that garcinia cambogia assist you to slim down or can lower your cholesterol.

16. August 3, 2016 at 8:52 pm

Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you penning this article
    and also the rest of the website is really good.

17. August 4, 2016 at 10:08 am

Hello everyone, it’s my first visit at this web site,
    and paragraph is genuinely fruitful designed for me, keep up
    posting such articles or reviews.

18. August 4, 2016 at 10:26 am

That is a great tip particularly to those new to the blogosphere.
    Short but very accurate info… Thanks for sharing this
    one. A must read article!

19. August 4, 2016 at 10:58 am

However it would certainly not be going on a situation that was brought, for example, versus the
    Stockholm based airline company SAS for a flight from Hamburg to Dubrovnik.

20. August 4, 2016 at 11:12 am

We can be encountering s termination again today with even more cost on obtaining resorts till they have an additional flight offered.

21. August 4, 2016 at 11:48 am

The even more troubles airline companies placed in the means the less individuals will have the resolution to seek the situation and also obtain compensation.

22. August 4, 2016 at 12:11 pm

This post gives clear idea in favor of the new people of blogging, that genuinely how to do running a blog.

23. August 4, 2016 at 1:32 pm

I have had an e-mail (which ariived after they
    did finally take off!!) claiming that my only civil liberties were to alter the air travel to one more day (subject
    to availabilty) or a refund.

24. August 4, 2016 at 9:35 pm

I used to be suggested this web site by way of my cousin. I’m not sure
    whether this publish is written via him as nobody else understand such targeted
    approximately my problem. You’re incredible!
    Thanks!

25. August 5, 2016 at 4:34 am

Hello, I log on to your new stuff regularly.
    Your story-telling style is witty, keep it up!

Comments are closed.